Google
 

Monday, October 15, 2007

2009 Audi A4 - First Drive - Motor Trend

2009 Audi A4 - First Drive - Motor Trend

Here is a link to Motor Trend for a first drive review on the all new 2009 Audi A4. I have seen some initial pictures of this new A4 before. Having a 2004 Audi A4 myself, I will say I wasn't the biggest fan of the grill redesign that came after my model. Also disappointing was how Audi took away some of the standard convenience features (like a trip computer that came with a basic options package.. now requires and additional $2000+ package... outrageous!). One of the main reasons I chose my A4 over a BMW 3 series was all the goodies that came standard with the car. I test drove the 2007 A4 and was very disappointed in the stripped down options on the lease special cars.

It looks like Audi is gunning to pull ahead of its German rivals BMW and Mercedes-Benz with this redesign. I personally think the 2009 A4 looks fantastic! Audi has definitely borrowed some design features from its big brother A6. The interior looks amazing as always. No doubt Audi is leaps and bounds above most automakers when it comes to interior design. More HP out of the A4's awesome 2.0 turbo direct injected engine, more interior room and LED headlights like on the Audi R8 (are they cool or what!) make the 2009 Audi A4 one of the most exciting new models I've seen in a long time! Let's hope Audi doesn't continue to strip standard features and make them only available with overpriced options packages on this model.

The 2009 Audi A4 is scheduled to be released in mid 2008. To bad my lease is up in January, this is a car I just might be willing to wait for!

No comments: