Google
 

Thursday, November 29, 2007

iPhone Road Shots: Ford Mach 1 Mustang

Well as I posted a few days ago.. I have a ton of great iPhone road shots I'll be posting over the next few weeks. Here is a beautiful Ford Mach 1 Mustang. Thanks to Barry for helping me identify this car as a 1970. The Mach 1 had a various range of engines as did most muscle cars at the end of the era. Ranging from a 351 Windsor to the mighty 428 cobra jet in the 1970 model, the Mach 1 was a serious tire shredding machine! I've always been a fan of the Mach 1. It was one of the last great beasts of the Muscle car era. With the fuel crisis soon to follow, the Mach 1 ended a great era of American power and style with a high note.


(Special thanks to Bryan for all the great road shots!)


1 comment:

Singing to Jeffrey's Tune said...

I love the older Mustangs (and the recent retro version). My buddy had a 69 fast back, but it was not titled as a Mustang. He bought off an ex military personal stationed in Germany in the 60's. Apparently Ford released them over there under the name of T-5. Check out this link: http://www.ponysite.de/fmcog/t5/t5-2.htm
Bad a$$ car tho...